Weekend Outdoor Fitness Retreat to Mother Nature’s Gym
Featuring Melanie Webb
Author of Adventures in Mother Nature’s Gym
February 7 – 9, 2020
Red Mountain Resort, St. George, Utah
Join a weekend winter retreat with author Melanie Webb for her first Weekend Outdoor Fitness Retreat to Mother Nature’s Gym. The award winning Red Mountain Resort near sunny St. George, Utah will host this special 1.5 day/2 night outdoor fitness retreat. If you have an interest in enhancing your own personal fitness and connection to the natural world then this is a spa vacation for you!
Winter is an ideal time to slow down and tune in to our own biorythms. First you’ll be guided through daily core and stretching workouts. Then you’ll bike and hike as you explore the beauty of your Mojave Desert surroundings. You’ll eat delicious, nutritious food. Finally, you’ll join other active travelers in daily rituals around the fire, under the Milky Way Galaxy, and with music and dancing. Above all, you’ll tap into the restorative, nurturing energy of Desert Mind that Melanie explores in her book Adventures in Mother Nature’s Gym.
Give yourself the gift of a few days immersed in the natural beauty of the redrock desert. Mother Nature’s love, support, solitude, and awe is waiting for you. And we look forward to retreating with you!
INCLUDED IN OUTDOOR FITNESS RETREAT PRICE:
- Welcome gift: signed copy of Adventures in Mother Nature’s Gym + more
- Guided fitness and adventure programming
- Saturday picnic lunch and restaurant dinner
- Friday night S’mores & Stars welcome gathering
- Saturday night Mojave Rhythms, Drum Circle Tribal Gathering
- Red Mountain Resort amenities including indoor and seasonal outdoor pools, walking trails, strength and conditioning rooms
NOT INCLUDED IN RETREAT PRICE:
- Accommodation, including tax and service charges
- Saturday and Sunday morning breakfasts
- Red Mountain Resort and Sagestone Spa & Salon services
To view the daily itinerary, scroll to the bottom of this page.
ROOM AND RETREAT REGISTRATION
Registering for the Melanie Webb Outdoor Fitness Retreat retreat requires two transactions:
Register for the retreat at our secure Eventbrite page: https://bit.ly/2qaQy40
Reserve your room by calling Red Mountain Resort at 877-246-4453. Mention Melanie Webb Outdoor Fitness to receive the discounted rate of $156/room/night + 12.32% tax. A minimum of two nights stay is required. Available rooms include one King/Queen or two doubles. So call today, space is limited!
Red Mountain Resort Reservations: Call Toll Free 877-246-4453
About Melanie Webb – Author, Adventures in Mother Nature’s Gym
DEPARTURES Magazine calls Melanie Webb “The person to call for guided travel in Utah’s National Parks” for good reason. The founder of Sol Fitness Adventures and luxury wellness retreat label WebbWell, Melanie is recognized as a leader in the adventure travel industry and an innovator in outdoor fitness retreats. Her work is at the cutting edge, paving the way for others to discover that fitness is more than just a gym workout—it’s a way of life.
With her book series Adventures in Mother Nature’s Gym, Melanie has created the definite guide to helping others reclaim the instinctive, wild, and essential aspect of the human experience through outdoor adventure. She lives in Park City, Utah.
Friday, November 8
- 8:00 PM - 10:00 PM
- Welcome Ceremony
- We'll look forward to welcoming you to the Lava Field Fire Pit for an evening of desert sights, smells, and sounds. Melanie Webb kicks off this special Desert Mind Retreat with a fireside party.
Saturday, November 9
- 6:30 AM - 7:25 AM
- Circuit City Morning Workout in Studio 2
- This circuit workout conditions the major muscle groups, heart and lungs included. All fitness levels welcome.
- 7:30 AM - 9:30 AM
- A la carte (on your own)
- 9:30 AM - 1:30 PM
- Bike/Hike/Desert Mind Workshop
- You'll get your Desert Mind on with a short but spectacular bike ride into nearby Snow Canyon State Park. Hike deep into the towering red rock cliffs, where you'll be guided on a journey to quiet the mind and restore peace and serenity. Picnic lunch included.
- 2:30 PM - 6:30 PM
- Free Time
- Book a treatment at Sagestone Spa, take a nap, catch up with friends or simply lie in a hammock as you consider your place in the universe. Enjoy!
- 6:30 PM - 8:00 PM
- Red Mountain Resort hosts us for a fun group dinner in the restaurant with a menu to satisfy today's most popular diets.
- 8:00 PM - 9:00 PM
- Mojave Rhythms Drum Circle
- This tribal gathering under the night sky will leave you seeing stars, literally. You'll dance, drum, and chase the blues away with this joyful musical ritual.
Sunday, November 10
- 6:30 AM - 7:25 AM
- Stretch and Stabilize Workout in Studio 2
- Prepare for a relaxing morning workout that will leave you feeling even better - and taller - than when you arrived. Melanie delivers a mash-up of mat-based disciplines including floor Pilates, yoga, qigong, and more. All fitness levels welcome.
- 7:30 AM - 8:45 AM
- Closing Ceremonies: Mojave Mindfulness
- We're not done yet! Complete your Desert Mind Retreat with a walk through the lava flow labyrinth. Not to be confused with David Bowie's fantastical 1980's thriller, this ages-old walking meditation is an ancient form of pilgrimage and repentance. Take a moment to reflect on the love, support, and solitude you've nurtured on this Desert Mind Retreat to Mother Nature.